Ohrid is the major touristic destination in Macedonia primarily because of the lake which is considered to be one of the top 10 oldest lakes in Europe.
Beside great nature, you can find really nice hotels and restaurants.
If you are going to travel and looking for any then you’ve come to the right place.
This website is created for people who are going to visit the city for either business or pleasure and looking for things to do while there.
Before you search around this website, I’d like to give you some basic tips about places and food you can eat here.
- If you are coming from the US or any country from the EU, eating outside will be pretty affordable for you
- Most of the restaurants are working according to HASAP standard
- If you are looking for gluten free food, people in Macedonia are not so used to it (or at least don’t pay attention) so you would probably need to ask in advance and or consult with somebody where they serve such food
- Make sure that you have Macedonian denars with you as you can’t pay in any local currency (at least not officially)
- Most of the places (at least the most famous ones) offer payment with credit cards
I guess you wont be eating all the time so let me also share a short video so you get an idea of places you should visit while in there